1371 Troops
142 Trailblazers
AnnaLund2011

AnnaLund2011

I am vociferously passionate about good books. And I hate adverbs.

Book Review - Crack the Darkest Sky Wide Open ANTHOLOGY, by assorted authors

Crack the Darkest Sky Wide Open - SJD Peterson, Eric Arvin,  Abigail Roux,  T.J. Klune,  S.A. McAuley,  Jason Huffman-Black

Anthologies are difficult beasts both to put together and to read.

There are a whole bunch of masterful storytellers in this one, and it is dark, then it goes darker.

The Demon of Jericho - Not my cuppa, but with fabulous and creative writing.
A Cruel Thing - a period piece and unfortunately I'm all warred-out, so war stories don't do it for me. Except that this one had writing that was absolutely amazeballs.
Wrong - Harsh and weird. Not sure about this one yet. I'm too much of a fluff-ball.
Anguish - Quiet and unrelenting. Short with a punch. Out of control.
The Hotel Luz - THIS is where is takes off! Hook, line and sinker. Boink! This is how you do it. Perceptions out the window. Fantastic writing.
John & Jackie - Yeah, it's official, TJ Klune makes me cry every single time he sends his stuff out into the world. Every. Single. Time. This time it was big, snotty, sobby tears of hope and heartbreak, of love and forever.

I enjoyed the Foreword and the Afterword almost as much as the stories themselves. Ha. How about that?

Great collection. Absolutely great.

Authors: Eric Arvin, Abigail Roux, T.J. Klune, S.J.D. Peterson, S.A. McAuley, Jason Huffman-Black

***

I was NOT asked to read this book by anyone, I paid for it with my own money, as I do for all the books I read, all the music I listen to and the movies I watch.

Source: http://AnnaLund2011.booklikes.com/post/201838/crack-the-darkest-sky-wide-open